Lhuentse Higher Secondary School is located below Thoshupang under Gangzur Gewog. It has 31.189 acres of land. The school is a few hundred metres above the district hospital, about ten minutes walk from Lhuentse Town and fifteen minutes from the Dzongkhag headquarter. It is a boarding school with a capacity to accommodate 128 boys and 96 girls. It provides education to students from classes VII to XII.
Lhuentse Higher Secondary School was constructed under the World Bank funding and established in 2004 as Phuyum Middle Secondary School with nine teachers and 282 students from classes 7 to 9. The school was upgraded to its present status in 2006. However, Phuyum, which means a place where forefathers are extinct, did not befit the name for a seat of learning. The proposal put up by the school for change of school name from Phuyum to Lhuentse was endorsed by the 29th Tshogdu of Lhuentse Dzongkhag and accordingly approved by the Education Ministry vide letter MoE/DSE/SLCD/Misc/2011/3422 dated April 14, 2011.
Lhuentse HSS aspires to be an abode of learning that leads to self-realization, perfection and enlightenment.
Lhuentse HSS is committed to:
- Enhancing the intellectual calibre of staff and students for the promotion of learning through wholesome education.
- Offering quality education dedicated to building minds with conviction, integrity, social & moral responsibilities.
- Enabling the students to become responsible and productive citizen of our nation.
Responsibility with humility and ownership
- Team work
- Self Discipline
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect for self and others
- Sincerity and hard work
- Punctuality and moral conduct
- Love for culture, custom, etiquette and spiritual values
- Sense of belongingness, ownership and responsibility
- Confidence in self and in others
- Initiatives and innovation
Past 5 Years Performance:
Profile of the Head/Principal & Deputy/Vice Principal of the Institute/School
Name: Dorji Nidup
Home Address: Mongar, Leyjabi,Tsakaling
Details of Teaching Staff: